There's nothing like a Friday night, a good movie & some takeout. After a long week of cooking, I've always made Friday my night to grab takeout and give myself a vacation from the kitchen.
It's a bit harder to do while on Whole30 because there are very few restaurants that have compliant Whole30 food. So I took the liberty of making a takeout favorite, fried rice, and mixing it into a Whole30 compliant meal.
It's full of flavor and can all be made in 1 pot. Let's get to it, you'll never miss your usual chinese takeout with this meal!
Whole30 Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice
- 1 12oz bag of frozen or fresh cauliflower rice
- 1c. shredded carrots
- 1tsp diced ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2tbsp coconut aminos
- 1tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2-3 Small-medium sized pork chops
- 1tbsp ghee
- Optional: mushrooms and 1 egg
- Melt the ghee & add in onion, garlic & ginger. Sauté until soft.
- Add in carrots and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove onion, garlic, ginger & carrots from pan.
- Dice up pork chops into 1inch pieces
- In the same pan, (add more ghee if needed) add pork chop pieces and fry until fully cooked.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger & carrots back in and add in the cauliflower rice.
- Toss for 2-3 minutes just until the cauliflower rice is soft and no longer frozen.
- Right before serving add in coconut aminos & toasted sesame oil
- Serve & enjoy!
Over to you! How's your Whole30 going so far? Leave a comment with your favorite Whole30 meal so far.
And, as always, if you make one of my recipes please tag @lodownliving or #lodownliving so I can see 'em!