One of the hardest parts of the Whole30, outside of the sugar withdraws, is figuring out what the heck to eat for every meal of the day. There are a lot of resources out there but, if you're anything like me, you never know if someone else's meals are going to be to your liking.
So, while I do have a handful that I can trust no matter what, I usually like to take what I already know about cooking and just use Whole30 compliant ingredients. Cue this butternut squash soup.
I saw the original recipe on the Pinch of Yum website and knew that I needed to create this for super simple lunches throughout the week. There were only a few ingredients, it sounded delicious and Lindsay, the blogger behind POY, is one of the few food bloggers that I completely trust.
So here we go!
Easy Whole30 Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 12oz bag of cubed butternut squash
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 1/4 compliant almond milk ( I use Trader Joe's unsweetened original almond milk)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: red pepper flakes
- Dice garlic & onion and sauté until soft
- Add in butternut squash & toss for 1-2 minutes
- Transfer to a blender & add in almond milk
- Blend until smooth!
**store in sealed container for 1 week or freeze and use later!
Keep coming back or follow me on Instagram to see the Whole30 meals I create this month!