Easy Butternut Squash Soup
One of the hardest parts of the Whole30, outside of the sugar withdraws, is figuring out what the heck to eat for every meal of the day. There are a lot of resources out there but, if you're anything like me, you never know if someone else's meals are going to be to your liking.
So, while I do have a handful that I can trust no matter what, I usually like to take what I already know about cooking and just use Whole30 compliant ingredients. Cue this butternut squash soup.
I saw the original recipe on the Pinch of Yum website and knew that I needed to create this for super simple lunches throughout the week. There were only a few ingredients, it sounded delicious and Lindsay, the blogger behind POY, is one of the few food bloggers that I completely trust.
So here we go!
Easy Whole30 Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 12oz bag of cubed butternut squash
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 1/4 compliant almond milk ( I use Trader Joe's unsweetened original almond milk)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: red pepper flakes
- Dice garlic & onion and sauté until soft
- Add in butternut squash & toss for 1-2 minutes
- Transfer to a blender & add in almond milk
- Blend until smooth!
**store in sealed container for 1 week or freeze and use later!
Keep coming back or follow me on Instagram to see the Whole30 meals I create this month!