I’m cheers-ing my coffee to you, friend. How does some good ‘ol fashioned breakfast sound for you?
You know, the kind that has you drooling a bit. The soft scrambled eggs or the drippy yolk if you’re feeling wild. The freshly brewed coffee that fills the air. And, am I the only one that can be brought straight out of bed no matter the hour by the smell of bacon alone? Okay cool, glad I’m not alone. :)
But today, we’re talking potatoes. And, it’s up to you. You can call these hash browns, homefries or crispy potatoes but whatever you call them, they’re good. Like, you don’t really need to put ketchup or hot sauce all over them kind of good – but you totally can if you want to.
I’m a breakfast potato girl. I love the eggs, and I love the breakfast meats. But slide me a plate of warm, crispy & perfectly seasoned potatoes and you’ve got my heart. That’s where we’re going today. Straight to the potatoes.
And while we’re at it, no one said you ONLY have to have these for breakfast. Break the boundaries! Pair these up with a soup or a salad for lunch. Or how about swapping out the fries next to your burger and inserting these things?
Yep. I’m about it.
This recipe is:
Did I mention easy?
So let’s start crisping already, okay?
Easy Crispy Breakfast Potatoes
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil (or grapeseed oil)
- salt & pepper to taste
(optional: red pepper flakes, seasoning salt)
- Chop potatoes into 1 inch cubes (you don’t want them so thick that they don’t cook all the way through)
- Heat oil in a medium sized skillet on medium-low heat (test that the oil is hot enough by sprinkling in water. If it sizzles, it’s ready!)
- Add in potatoes, season & stir.
- At this point, leave them be for a solid 4-5 minutes.
- Check and see if 2 or 3 cubes are crispy on one side. If not, don’t stir yet.
- By 5-6 minutes they should start to get crispy so, stir!
- Keep up this process (leaving them be, checking for crisp level, stirring) until crispy on all sides.
- Serve immediately or store in a sealed container for meal prep!
There you have it, breakfast/lunch/dinner fiends. Don’t forget, I’m checkin’ for ya. If you make any of my recipes tag me on Instagram @lodownliving.